BASIX / NatHERS
Quick Overview of BASIX Assessment Process
- You bring in Architectural drawings,
- We run the thermal assessment and let you know what it takes for the design to pass “BASIX Thermal”. That includes (but not limited to) specifications for thermal R values for walls, roof, ceiling insulation, thermal U value & SHGC of glazing,
- If you like what you see,
- You incorporate the specifications on your drawings,
- We stamp the drawings.
5 Low cost ways to improve NatHERS Ratings
- Insulate all internal walls
- Insulate mid floor of the house
- Use self -closing dampers on exhaust fans
- Insulate garage ceiling (may not work for all designs)
- Hebel floor for first floor
BASIX Requirements for New Homes
If you are planning to build a new home, you are going to hear many new unfamiliar terms, one such term is BASIX!. BASIX is “Building sustainability index” that helps to determine whether your home or building meets the government's sustainability target or not. Besides being a mandatory requirement a good score on BASIX ensures that your home or building is going to be built to a minimum energy standard and will be ecofriendly as well.
BASIX Consultants like us will help your house designs meet the BASIX targets.
“BASIX index” addresses the three attributes of “ecologically sustainable design” principles. The “Thermal”, “Energy” and “Water”.
Every home needs to be designed to conserve energy, water and be thermally efficient.
BASIX Consultants or BASIX Assessors
The thermal efficiency of the house is measured under the NatHERS scheme. Certified energy consultants in Australia conduct the thermal modelling to measure the efficiency of the house. There are registered number of energy rating assessors in Australia. In NSW they are referred to as BASIX consultants or BASIX assessors.
They are authorized to produce the NatHERS certificates.
We at Positive eco are more than happy to help you with the list of “BASIX requirements for new homes” free of charge.
Call or email us today and get a heads up on BASIX requirements for new homes. We are ABSA certified Energy rating assessors in Australia.